Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A New Job and a New Chapter

I am pleased to announce that, as of today, I have joined Oracle. But before I get into the details of my new job, I want to say something about my last.

My experience at the Accenture Enkitec Group was both amazing and unforgettable. The work was challenging, stimulating, and genuinely rewarding. But it's the people at Enkitec whom I'll miss the most. From the APEX team (which I spoke with nearly daily) all the way to the top, the folks at Enkitec are some of the best and brightest I've ever worked with. I wish them all continued success and the best of luck (though I doubt they'll need the luck)!


At this point you may be wondering why I'd have changed jobs if I enjoyed mine so much. Frankly, I'd never really thought about it until I read this blog post from Steven Feuerstein. Wow, I'd heard of technology evangelists in other companies but never Oracle. In a nutshell, their job is to take the technologies they're passionate about, break them down into digestible forms, and then spread the gospel! ;)

The position really resonated with me - so I went for it. Surprisingly, and to my delight, Steven didn't hire me as an APEX Evangelist, although I'm excited I'll be doing that too. My main focus will be on JavaScript and HTML5, along with the many related frameworks and libraries that one can use to create applications that connect to and leverage the various features of the Oracle Database.

In at least one way the new job will be a lot like the last. At Enkitec, my job was to help our customers succeed. This will be true at Oracle as well and I'm really looking forward to doing just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment